Certification + Compliance
Electro Fire Technologies provides full testing and auditing of fire systems to ensure compliance with:
Installations of new systems or existing fire system upgrades will be fully certified by our qualified technicians. Our certifications mean that your business operates within strictly regulated guidelines for premium fire and safety outcomes.
Domestic smoke alarms
In the event of a fire in your home, properly maintained smoke alarms can make the crucial difference between survival and tragedy.
From the 1 January 2017, Queensland implemented new smoke alarm legislation to keep families safe.
If you are a homeowner, landlord or property owner, you must replace the old ionised type smoke alarm with photoelectric smoke alarms.
Smoke alarms in all dwellings must:
- Be photoelectric (AS3786-2014)
- Be less than 10 years old,
- Operate when tested
- Be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together
- Be either hardwired or powered by non-removable 10 year battery
Smoke alarms must be installed in each storey:
- In each bedroom
- In hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling, or if there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and the other parts of the storey
- If there is no bedroom on a storey at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling
Electro Fire Technologies Pty Ltd can ensure your home complies with current legislation, providing peace of mind for your loved ones.